Friday, March 25, 2016

Week Three in the Congo


Bonjour,

This week has been great we have food now so that’s always good to have. 

My companion is Elder Kamba. He is an African from the Democratic Republic of Congo. He does not know English. We have 6 Elders in our apartment.

This week we have committed three people to be baptized. That’s awesome. We walked and walked this week. I also set up a mosquito net on my bed, so I would stop getting bit finally. So you have two options clean and get bit by mosquitoes or be dirty and get the flies. I choose the mosquitoes because they are at night and the flies are during the day. We had some rain storms here and that was awesome the thunder is so loud! 

The other day we found a mouse in my room. I was reading and my comp says there’s a mouse in French. I said no your joking he’s like no then I go to zip up my suit case and then he jumps out of his bed to the hall way then I hear something in the other corner of the room so I jump from my bed to his.... breaking his bed.... to the hall way making it safely to the hall way yelling at the other elders to come fix this mess. I then proceeded to stand on a chair in the kitchen and call for the other elders to get the mouse and they did and then it ran out to the living room but the front door was shut and then I’m like open the door open the door cuz I wasn’t going to go over there with the mouse running around my feet. Then one of the elders did and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief ha-ha... oh Africa.

I know that the gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and redeemer. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that if we read it we will grow closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that the gospel blesses families and I am so very grateful for my family they are such great influences in my life and faith. Families are essential to our happiness because we can be together forever. I love the scripture Joshua 1:9 Be strong and of good courage for the lord thy god is with thee wither so ever thou goest. And 1 Nephi 3.7 I will go and do the things which the lord has commanded. I know that this work is divine. I feel it. I don’t know how I would be able to do this work if it wasn’t. I love you guys thank you for all of your support. Have a wonderful week. 



--

Love,

Elder Stephens

Republic of Congo, Brazzaville Mission

preston.stephens@myldsmail.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment