Monday, June 27, 2016

Opposition


Hello Family and Friends,



We had dinner with Sr Ruth again. (See picture) She’s an Ami. She works and she is a teacher and she sells stuff too. She’s awesome she wants to pay tithing but apparently here you can't pay tithing before your baptism. She is a strong woman of faith.

Our Stake President told us 6 months after he was baptized he was called to be the Branch President and then he was facing opposition in all things because the members took it upon themselves to show him where it says in the scriptures we will face opposition. They were giving him opposition.

I got sick this week so every day when I got home I went straight to bed. I cut my ingrown toe nail as Julie L instructed so I hope that feels better soon. It has been very painful and we walk a lot.

Remember Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest.

This was the scripture I chose for my mission plaque. It was important to me then and means even more to me now.

I hope everyone has a great week,



Love,

Elder Stephens

Republic of Congo, Brazzaville Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment