Thursday, March 30, 2017

Douala, Cameroon


3/20/17

Friends & Family,

This is actually Julie this week. Preston was transferred to Douala, Cameroon. About a 4 hour bus ride from his previous area and is super excited to be there. He said the computer didn’t work well and so he was only able to get me a few sentences. His new comp Elder Muyala only speaks French which is great. (The last 7 months he has been in an English Branch so they have spoken both) He’s been out for 14 months and he’s on his 4th companion. He is happy and did say that his new sector has dinner appointments!!! This is a first and way cool!!! (Especially for me to know as he was making dinner with a quarter pound of meat for 4 elders previously)

I will attach the mission home address again if you’d like to drop a letter snail mail. I am trying to do better at this myself. Even if it does take three months to get there having something to hold and reread is a gift to him.



Thank you for all your prayers & support,



Julie Stephens



Elder Preston Stephens

27 Avenue De Le Base La Frontiere

Moungali

Brazzaville

Republic of Congo



20 minutes after I got the email saying his computer was not working I got 5 emails. He said he changed computers and had success!!! He writes his group letters on Sundays and sends me a picture to type up. Sometimes I get more info on Mondays. Like his companion has only been out for 3 months. He said it will be like having a younger brother.



Hello Friends & Family,

This week was transfers and I found out I will be going to Douala, Cameroon. In the Sector of Boniberri A! What an exciting change! It’s going to be HOT! This week my random thought is on listening. Listening is so important in all of life’s aspects. If we don’t listen to our teachers we will fail. If we don’t listen to our bosses we won’t do the job right. If we don’t listen we can’t communicate with others. What a terrible place the world would be if we were alone. I wouldn’t want to be there! But when we listen to others we can learn from them. We can try new ideas and be better off. It all starts with listening and hearing someone out!

I love you all. I know that this gospel that I share is true. I know that Jesus is my redeemer and Savior; I know the Book of Mormon is true.

Love Elder Preston Stephens


3/27/17

Hello Everyone,

This week as you know I was in Douala. This city is hot! Basically like Tampa, Fl. Last night Elder Constant and I played Monopoly that was in this apartment. (I won) We went to bed and about an hour later a huge storm hit us! Lightning, Thunder, & RAIN! It busted open the door to the patio in our room. My comp is on the bottom bunk so he got up and shut it and dead bolted it. That did the trick but it was crazy when we woke up and we had a lake in our room. Luckily our scriptures were ok because our bags were soaked! The New sector is calm. We are out of the city. It’s kind of like Simi next to LA right there but not. It’s nice. There is a main road called “African Route “that is south. On Thursday we went to the “”Nouvelle Route” the North of it. (There’s really nothing between the two routes)  I love my branch. We have some awesome members who want to do work so it looks good. Love you guys and don’t forget to read your scriptures.

Love,

Elder Preston Stephens


No comments:

Post a Comment