Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Burdens and Trials


Bonjour Tout le monde!

This week in Cameroon it has been very cool. It has rained a lot and we had an ami who we have been working with who accepted to come to church. It was awesome and then well he came it was so awesome. Some scriptures that I read with my companion during our studies that really touched me this week were:  

Mosiah 23:21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith.  

Sometimes the lord gives us trials to keep us humble and to show us that we do need to do the things he asks but that he knows our strengths and weaknesses individually.

Mosiah 24:15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the lord.

The lord didn’t take away their burdens or trials but he helped them to get through them. I know that the lord loves us and wants us to grow and sometimes that means doing hard things. I know my savior lives and is our redeemer and our older brother. I love you all I hope that you have a great week. 

Love,

Elder Stephens

Republic of Congo, Brazzaville Mission/ Cameroon District



Preston.stephens@myldsmail.net


No comments:

Post a Comment