Monday, August 29, 2016

New Companion & New Country


Hello everyone!

How are you doing? Well I made it to Yaoundé, Cameroon. I’m in a jungle it is so beautiful here luscious green everywhere you turn so amazing you can’t even imagine. I want to thank everyone for all their support and prayers. I Hope you are all doing well. My companion is elder Tshibanda. He is from Lumbashi DRC. (Democratic Republic of Congo) The other elders in my apartment are Elder Dorson from AZ and Elder Tokiniaina from Madagascar. My comp has only been here for 6 weeks more than me so it’s hard right now because we are trying to get everything to work and know where to go and how much it is. haha the life of new.  

I am in Bastos B which is in English!? What? Yes, it’s the only branch in my entire mission (5 countries) where we speak English haha. When we are teaching in other meetings like district meetings its back to French haha it’s a good work out keeps you on your toes because I have to keep my French studies because I’m in a French city still. The weather is just to die for, it rains for like 5 minutes or 20 and then sunshine it’s kind of like Florida but not as humid.  The food is so different here and much cheaper so tonight I am cooking and I’m making hamburgers!!!! I’m so excited to do that and then Friday I’m making spaghetti. So awesome! We eat a lot more beef here because it’s easier to prepare and you can just put it with anything haha.

This week in sacrament my companion talked about the saviors sacrifice and how important it is in our lives but we all have to make sacrifices which change our life. I’m so grateful for those who have made sacrifices to help me be the person I am today. I love you all have a wonderful week.

Love,

Elder Stephens

Republic of Congo, Brazzaville Mission










No comments:

Post a Comment