Monday, August 8, 2016

Called to SERVE


Hello everyone

Well we had baby transfers this week and so our apartment will be losing Elder Larson and Elder Manasse. This week went by really fast. We had interviews with the president Friday morning. I want to say thank you again for all of the birthday wishes it was weird this week I only got to tell 2 people in our lessons that I was 19. Normally it’s like 6-7 times every week because we find lots of new people but the problem is getting them to stick. I am so very grateful for my call and all the support that each of you has given me and my family. I want to say thank you to all who have helped my family while I am away. 

Oh hey I think I forgot to share that  2 weeks ago we got to do Mormon helping hands and we cleaned the windows at one of the hospitals it was really cool! We don’t get to do a ton of service here. We try to help people wash dishes or clothes but they never accept our help, or only for like 1 minute. Come on people we are called to serve not to teach.

The best thing that a member can do is to be living in a way to be a great example. When you are a good example the people will come to you and ask “What makes you so you so happy or do the things you do?”

I love you guys and I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can live with our families again. What peace and joy that gives me, if you doubt that or want to have that assurance, pray and ask god if it’s true. I know his response because I have done it but the only way you can know the truth of all things is to ask for yourself. Love you all!



--

Love,

Elder Stephens

Republic of Congo, Brazzaville Mission

Preston.stephens@myldsmail.net


No comments:

Post a Comment