Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Love & Conversion


Hello Everyone,

This week was good we walked, talked and taught! We also were invited and sang “Love at Home” in French for a wedding. All the missionaries were asked because the groom was a returned missionary. He asked us and we were all there for him. (My mom is going to try and put some of a practice video on my blog)

This week I’ve been studying conference and I loved when Dallin H. Oaks said “It is not enough for us to be convinced of the gospel; we must act and think so that we are converted by it. In contrast to the situations of the world, which teach us to know something, the Plan of Salvation and the gospel of Jesus Christ Challenges us to become something” I challenge everyone this week to pick a principal that they are convinced is true and become converted to that point.

I love you all,

Elder Stephens

From Julie: I wanted to include the story Preston wrote to me this week because I thought it was so sweet.

The Journey of the Papaya

A father in the field gives a papaya to his son. His son loved it but decided it would be better if he gave it to his sick sister. His sister was very grateful, but she gave it to her mother who had worked very hard to take care of her. The Mother was very grateful also and decided to save it for her hard working husband. When the father came home he was overjoyed at the kindness of his family so he split the papaya into 4 pieces and they all had the papaya together.

He closed by saying “I love our family”  

No comments:

Post a Comment