Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day


Friends & Family,

Preston asked me (Julie) to write his letter today because of Mothers Day he forgot to write a group letter. We really enjoyed skyping with him yesterday!  We are all surprised that he eats mango and avocado every day. And even eat salads now! Preston was our pickiest eater! He says Dexter’s hair is crazy long and can’t get over it. He was so secure and calm. It was wonderful. He’s having a suit tailor made for him. It is extremely cheap there.  They have all their clothes made to fit. He said they have 9 investigators. He loves his mission and the people he serves.

He did give me a scripture to share: 1 Nephi 15:8-11

8 And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?

9 And they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us.

10 Behold, I said unto them: How is it that ye do not keep the commandments of the Lord? How is it that ye will perish, because of the hardness of your hearts?

11 Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.

Keep the commandments, pray and strive to stay close to the Lord and you cannot be lead astray.

Elder Stephens






No comments:

Post a Comment