Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving


Group Letter,

Well today (Thursday) is Thanksgiving so we have planned to cook a big turkey wing and drink sparkling grape juice but I wanted to sit down and express my thanks. I am thankful for many things. I don’t think even if I wanted to I could name them all. I am so very grateful for my family and for my mission call. There are so many things I have learned to appreciate. I am so very grateful for the Atoning Sacrifice of my Savior Jesus Christ. Also for the opportunity I have to repent and change and fix my mistakes and short comings. I am so very grateful for the power of forgiveness and to be able to forgive and to be able to be forgiven. What an opportunity we have to feel part of what the Lord must feel as we forgive one another we can feel the love that he has for us when we follow and do what he asks. I am grateful for the missionaries whom I am with now. I love them as if they were my own brothers. I am grateful for my knowledge of the gospel even though I don’t know all of it I know enough to keep myself on the path. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon, its principles, and its messages that are specifically for me. I am grateful for how it has changed my life and I am grateful to have seen how it has changed the lives of so many others. I am grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so very grateful for the priesthood, the power and authority of God. I hope you all had a great week and remember what you have to be grateful for.

Elder Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment